Search This Blog

Monday, April 28, 2014

Velo Rouge Cafe - Monday Morning Breakfast Burrito

And we're back. I apologize for the long delay, but I did some travelling, some vacationing, and then a lot of catch up work. Let us start fresh this beautiful Monday morning with a vegetarian option found in the lovely town of San Francisco.

Velo Rouge Cafe down on Arguello Blvd. is a swanky spot to grab some light grub. The menu sports only one burrito with add meat options of bacon or sausage. However, I opted for the traditional Leipheimer breakfast burrito foregoing the meat to see how satisfying a veggy breakfast can be.

When the plate hit the table a smile my face never knew emerged as I gazed on pure burrito perfection. A clean cut on the bias exposed black beans, cheese, avocado, sour cream, eggs, potatoes, and salsa fresca all within a golden brown grilled tortilla.

This breakfast bombshell employs pleasant unexpected flavors. Such fresh complexity demands a pristine meatless experience as crunch precedes mouth fulls of bliss. Black beans and potatoes provide a pleasing resistance and savory component in place of bacon or sausage. An improvement. Not a substitute.

How satisfying can a veggy breakfast be? The most. I want you forever in my life, Leipheimer BB. Never leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment