Search This Blog

Friday, March 7, 2014

FAFU FRIDAY!!!


Every Friday I review a chain restaurant to incorporate more of the readership into all of the burrito fun. 
Deep in the pits of Oildale, California on Airport Drive is Kern county's own Fabulous Burgers. Laying claim to the worst location for a restaurant ever they are known to live up to their name, but I'm not here for burgers.
Standard options for breakfast burritos are on the menu, but the bbq pulled pork breakfast burrito was quick to seduce me. 
Fab was out of salsa or hot sauce, I'm not sure which, so I was left to the burrito with no backup.
My first impression was favorable to the sweet and salty combination of the pork and bbq sauce, but my second impression was met with under-cooked hash browns and a 5 egg omelette. The burrito is so big it is hard to collect all of the ingredients into one bite. With lackluster sides to the above average pulled pork this burrito falls flat. 
I set it down for a moment to collect myself before attempting a second assault only to see my hand completely wet and shiny. After toweling my hand I raised the hefty porker to see it had an accident. 
...and I'm done. No, thank you. If the burrito is incontinent, what is it going to do to me?
No need to try the other options. Good meat or bad, the rest of the burrito is sub-par. Stick to what you know, Fabulous Burgers, and leave the burritos to those who care. 

No comments:

Post a Comment